The rock in the donut

Reaction score
Don’t know how many people here have bakeries but ran into a situation where the customer complained of finding a pebble in their donut.
Luckily I have a hood camera on my phone to zoom in and see up close. The actual picture had me scratching my head. It wasn’t until I scraped the side of the object that I found out that it was actually a crystal, most likely sugar. So no harm, no foul.

Attachments

• IMG_0766.jpeg
    IMG_0766.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Don’t know how many people here have bakeries but ran into a situation where the customer complained of finding a pebble in their donut.
Luckily I have a hood camera on my phone to zoom in and see up close. The actual picture had me scratching my head. It wasn’t until I scraped the side of the object that I found out that it was actually a crystal, most likely sugar. So no harm, no foul.
put it in hot water, if it doesn't dissolve, maybe its a diamond and you can retire.

Reaction score
Wow, that's quite a story! It's great that you had a way to check the issue closely and figured out it was just sugar. It’s definitely a relief when something that seems like a big problem turns out to be a simple mix-up. I guess it's a good reminder to always keep an eye out for anything unusual during baking. Thanks for sharing this experience; it’s always good to learn from each other’s situations!

Ask a Question