Interesting and unconventional rolled cookie dough flavors/recipes

Reaction score
I have always used a traditional vanilla dough for rolled cookies with royal icing decoration. I'd like to try something else, but not sure where to start or how to adapt my recipe so it doesn't change the integrity but still gives good flavor payoff.

Reaction score
I have always used a traditional vanilla dough for rolled cookies with royal icing decoration. I'd like to try something else, but not sure where to start or how to adapt my recipe so it doesn't change the integrity but still gives good flavor payoff.

I would use scottish shortbread.

Reaction score

I've never adapted anything, I just use different flavoring, everything from Irish Cream, Creme de Menthe, maple walnut, strawberry, root beer, cheesecake and many others. I always ask the customer what they prefer, and most do prefer vanilla and/or almond, but there are some who trust me to decide. I've never had a disappointed customer. Also, I used Royal Icing for 30 years until I was turned onto glaze. You couldn't pay me enough to go back to RI.

Ask a Question