Chocolate Covered Strawberries for a Bridal Shower?

Reaction score
Hello. My upcoming Sister-in-laws sisters asked me to make chocolate covered strawberries for her bridal shower of about 50 people. They knew I loved baking cookies, muffins, cheesecakes, etc. and sharing them with everybody.
I was wondering how many to make for her shower. Should I double the amount based on people? Like since 50 people coming so should prepare 100 strawberries.
Another questions, does anybody know why after melting white chocolate but then coloring blue make it solid again? Wedding color blue.
I would appreciate any advice. I really like my SIL and don’t wanna screw up her shower.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Hello. My upcoming Sister-in-laws sisters asked me to make chocolate covered strawberries for her bridal shower of about 50 people. They knew I loved baking cookies, muffins, cheesecakes, etc. and sharing them with everybody.
I was wondering how many to make for her shower. Should I double the amount based on people? Like since 50 people coming so should prepare 100 strawberries.
Another questions, does anybody know why after melting white chocolate but then coloring blue make it solid again? Wedding color blue.
I would appreciate any advice. I really like my SIL and don’t wanna screw up her shower.
Thanks!

you can't just add to choc without knowing whats in the additive, any water based color will make it seize, you'll need oil based.

i would dip one pp if they're the big dipping strawbs with stem on. $$$
more if they're typical store bought mixed sizes.

and i would ask her so theres no surprises. its her choice.

Reaction score
Thanks!

How to estimate dessert quanties:

Meal to be served before dessert & only 1 dessert:

1 serving per guest plus 20% to account for people who will take more than one when its self-serve. Example: 150 guests and one dessert.
150 x .20 = 180 total servings

Meal to be served before dessert in which cake & multiple types of desserts will be offered after the meal:

1 slice cake per guest plus 1 serving other desserts per guest divided by the number of dessert types.

Example cake and 3 other desserts:

150 guests divided by 3 types desserts = 50 of each type the 3 desserts that are not cake. Cake is always 1 slice per guest.

When serving multiple desserts after a dinner, they should be no more than two bites in size.

Regarding white chocolate:

1) Chocolate is best dyed with powder coloring. If using gel food dye, I would recommend mixing with AmeriColor Flo-Coat. Flo-Coat blends the gel food dye evenly into the melted chocolate.

2) Chocolate must be properly tempered to harden. Each type and brand of chocolate tempers at a different temperatures. For example, Valrhona dark chocolate tempers at a different temperature than Callebaut dark chocolate of the same percentage. Milk, dark, and white chocolates all temper at different temperatures. So it is important to know the correct tempering temperature for the brand and type of chocolate you select.

3) Flavor and texture of white chocolate varies significantly by brand. Personally, I am not a fan of white chocolate as a coating, or in much of anything. But wjem I use white chocolate, I use Valrhone white chocolate. I find it has noticeably better flavor and texture than other brands of white chocolate…regardless of the application.

4) Candy melts and chocolate chips are not the same as couverture chocolate. Couveture chocolate requires tempering. Couveture chocolate will hold it temper when kept at the correct temperature after tempering. Couveture chocolate can be retempered many times over. Candy melts and chocolate chips are not real chocolate. They do not require tempering. They thicken quickly so need to be reheated to stay fluid. However, they can only be reheated once or twice before siezing up.

Reaction score
For a bridal shower with 50 people, making around 100 chocolate covered strawberries should be perfect, giving everyone a chance to enjoy at least two. Regarding the white chocolate seizing up when you color it blue, this can happen if you use water-based food coloring. To avoid this, use oil-based or powdered food coloring designed for chocolate, which will keep it smooth and easy to work with. You’ve got this your sister-in-law will love them!

Ask a Question